COME JOIN US IN THE DEMOCRATIC PROCESS
“BE A POLL WORKER”
It’s easy, fun and allows you to serve your community.
If you are a part time employee, retired citizen or have a flexible schedule being a poll worker might be just right for you.
PRIMARY: August 28, 2012 GENERAL: November 6, 2012
To be a poll worker you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be 18 years old or older
- Be registered to vote in Graham County
- Not be convicted of a felony or treason
- Attend a training class
- Work from 5:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
A poll worker may not:
- Leave the polling place after being sworn in
- Be on the ballot or a relative of a person on the ballot in the precinct you are working in
POLL WORKER POSITIONS & DUTIES
Each polling place has an Inspector, 2 Judges and 2 Clerks. Duties and responsibility vary according to the position. Duties can include supervising operations, setting up and dismantling the polling place, assisting voter with special needs, ID requirements, ballot selection and changes to voter registration and delivering ballots & results to the Central Count Center.
Training Class $10
Election Day $105.00 to $125 depending on position
Call Graham County Elections for details (928) 792-5037
BE A PART OF THE GRAHAM COUNTY ELECTION TEAM