Southeast Arizona Teachers’ Academy
Due to an abundance of caution regarding COVID-19, SEATA has been canceled for the summer of 2020.
NOTE: The SEATA Registration form has been disabled.
Please review the details below before filling out the SEATA Registration.
- All Graham and Greenlee County educators are invited to attend SEATA at no cost.
- To meet the needs of our PreK-12 educators, we will have over 100 break-out sessions focusing on best practices across the curriculum.
- Attendees will earn up to 24 hours of professional development credit.
- SEATA is open to certified educators, early childhood education providers, substitutes and pre-service educators who will be certified and contracted to teach by August 2020.
- Some of the confirmed session topics include:
Arizona Science Center – Growing up WILD, Project WILD, Teen Science Café, and Bringing Citizen Science into the Classroom; Step Up Your Game with Coding and STEM for Kids; Quizlet; Planetarium + Fun Classroom Astronomy Activities; Student STEM Ambassadors; Graham County Health Dept. - CPR Review, Vaping Updates and other current health information for teachers; New Social Studies Standards, Personal Finance; Empowering Parents and Teens/Mental Health Challenges; The “Write Way” to Reading” and much, much more!
Keynote Speakers—Morenci teachers with “Get Your Teach On” and more…
- Please preregister by (canceled), *Fees for participants out of Graham and Greenlee County are $50 per day.
We will be offering sessions across the curriculum, including technology integration sessions for all subjects. In early July, you will receive an email directing you to select the break-out sessions of your choice. Your schedule of sessions will be provided at SEATA check-in during the week of (canceled) in the Gherald Hoopes Activity Center at EAC.
SEATA is brought to you by Graham County School Superintendent Donna McGaughey and Greenlee County School Superintendent Tom Powers with generous support from the United Way of Graham and Greenlee Counties.
- La Casita located on Hwy 70 very close to the college.
- Kainoa’s Hawaiian Grill at 3533 W. Main (Highway 70) in Thatcher.
- Toni’s Kitchen is now located in Thatcher along Main Street (Hwy 70).
- Sonic Drive-in, Burger King, Carl’s Jr., Arby’s, McDonald’s and other fast-food restaurants are all located along Highway 70 just a mile or two east of EAC.
- There are several restaurants in Pima, including Taylor Freeze, Juanita’s, The Taco Shop and others.