Forms are also available in the Graham County Planning and Zoning Office. You may also contact 928-428-0410 for more information.
Section 5.6.2 (PDF) of the Graham County Planning and Zoning Ordinance states: “It shall be unlawful to erect, construct, reconstruct, alter, place, or use any building within a Land Use District covered by the Ordinance without first obtaining a Building Permit or appropriate Land Use designation from the Planning and Zoning Department.”
- The application for Building Permit (Site Build) (PDF) is also available at the Graham County Planning and Zoning office or by calling 928-428-0410.
When submitting an application for a building permit or a hearing application you will need to provide a Special Power of Attorney form (PDF) if the land is not in the applicant’s name.
The Graham County Zoning Inspector shall not issue an installation permit for any mobile or manufactured home within Graham County unless said structures can be proven to comply with those HUD standards set forth above. It shall be the responsibility of the permit applicants to demonstrate to the Zoning Inspector that the mobile or manufactured home, for which an installation permit is requested, is in compliance with the HUD standards.
The Planning and Zoning Commission and the Board of Supervisors find that there is a need in Graham County for the issuance of Use Permits for those uses, which may be permissible in the various zoning districts that provide for conditional use, and which are required for the proper function of the County or constructing a public/private facility.
- The application for a Use Permit (PDF) is also available at the Graham County Planning and Zoning office or by calling 928-428-0410.
- Download a Hearing Application (PDF).
Temporary Use Permits
The Board of Supervisors find that there is a need in Graham County for the issuance of a Temporary Use Permit (TUP) for those temporary uses which are required for the proper function of the County or in the construction of a public/private facility. Such uses shall be conducted so that they will not be detrimental in any way to the established economic or social uses and values of adjacent or surrounding properties or to the County. The following uses qualify for a TUP:
- Manufactured or mobile home or travel trailer intended as a temporary residence for up to ninety days or during the construction of a permanent residence or facility for up to twelve months.
- The placement of a manufactured or mobile home, or travel trailer as a second dwelling to care for an elderly person, a caregiver, or someone unable to care for themselves.
A TUP is personal and does not adhere to or run with the land. It is not transferable and it terminates automatically on the date specified on the “permit” or at such time it is found any other specified condition has not been met.
- Start the process with the Installation Permit (PDF).