Permits, Petitions, Applications & Affidavits
- Application for Building Permit (Site Build) (PDF)
- Special Power of Attorney form (PDF)
- Installation Permit (PDF)
- Application for a Use Permit (PDF)
- Hearing Application (PDF)
- Minor Land Division Affidavit application (PDF)
- Petition of Exception (PDF)
Forms are also available in the Graham County Planning and Zoning Office. You may also contact 928-428-0410 for more information.
Section 5.6.2 (PDF) of the Graham County Planning and Zoning Ordinance states: “It shall be unlawful to erect, construct, reconstruct, alter, place, or use any building within a Land Use District covered by the Ordinance without first obtaining a Building Permit or appropriate Land Use designation from the Planning and Zoning Department.”
- The application for Building Permit (Site Build) is also available at the Graham County Planning and Zoning office or by calling 928-428-0410.
When submitting an application for a building permit or a hearing application you will need to provide a Special Power of Attorney form if the land is not in the applicant’s name.
The Graham County Zoning Inspector shall not issue an installation permit for any mobile or manufactured home within Graham County unless said structures can be proven to comply with those HUD standards set forth above. It shall be the responsibility of the permit applicants to demonstrate to the Zoning Inspector that the mobile or manufactured home, for which an installation permit is requested, is in compliance with the HUD standards.
The Planning and Zoning Commission and the Board of Supervisors find that there is a need in Graham County for the issuance of Use Permits for those uses, which may be permissible in the various zoning districts that provide for conditional use, and which are required for the proper function of the County or constructing a public/private facility.
- The application for a Use Permit is also available at the Graham County Planning and Zoning office or by calling 928-428-0410.
Temporary Use Permits
The Board of Supervisors find that there is a need in Graham County for the issuance of a Temporary Use Permit (TUP) for those temporary uses which are required for the proper function of the County or in the construction of a public/private facility. Such uses shall be conducted so that they will not be detrimental in any way to the established economic or social uses and values of adjacent or surrounding properties or to the County. The following uses qualify for a TUP:
- Manufactured or mobile home or travel trailer intended as a temporary residence for up to ninety days or during the construction of a permanent residence or facility for up to twelve months.
- The placement of a manufactured or mobile home, or travel trailer as a second dwelling to care for an elderly person, a caregiver, or someone unable to care for themselves.
A TUP is personal and does not adhere to or run with the land. It is not transferable and it terminates automatically on the date specified on the “permit” or at such time it is found any other specified condition has not been met.
- Start the process with the Installation Permit.
Minor Land Division Affidavit
For the protection of the community in general and each successive lot owner specifically, minor land division regulations are established to assure that the division of land complies with applicable zoning regulations and does not constitute a subdivision (six or more land splits when each lot or parcel does not exceed 36 acres in size). The County is authorized by ARS 11-831 to review minor land divisions. Any applicant proposing a land division shall file Minor Land Division Affidavit application with the Director. The application shall include:
- The application for, or the verification by the Planning and Zoning Department, the appropriate land use zoning.
- A survey, from a licensed surveyor or engineer, of the parcel being created from the land division.
- A legal description of the existing parcel and legal descriptions of the proposed parcels, which indicates access and, if necessary, utility easements;
- A scale map with dimensions showing existing and future parcel lines and all easements, any and all structures and placement of any utilities on the property. The map shall be of a size and format acceptable to the County Recorder, 8.5 by 14 inches unless Mylar. This requirement may be waived by the Planning and Zoning Director is areas where quarter-section or east half - west half or north half-south half description are deemed adequate.
- Verification from the Treasurer’s Office that all property taxes and assessments are currently paid up on the original parcel from which the new parcel(s) are being created.
- A completed and notarized “Minor Land Division Affidavit.”
Petition of Exception
With regards to subdivision regulations, any map submitted with deviations from specifications and standards as required by these regulations shall not be processed until a Petition of Exception is submitted.