Census Coordinator-Temporary Position-February 2020-August 2020-$3,250 per month- Requires a High School Diploma or GED; A Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus two years of related experience, or a combination of education, professional training and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position. Ideal candidate will have prior experience with social media, public outreach and public speaking. Possession of valid Arizona Driver’s license, with a history of safe driving and ability to maintain a safe driving record.
For more information contact the Board of Supervisors Office, Graham County General Services Building, 921 Thatcher Blvd., Safford, AZ 85546. Cover letters and resumes can be delivered to the Board of Supervisors Office. If you should have any questions, please call County Manager Dustin Welker at 928-428-3250.
Nature of work:
Under general direction of the County, City and Towns, develops, writes and/or edits communications and marketing material to strategically manage and assist the public’s understanding of the importance of a complete and accurate Census Count. Serves as a liaison to the media and local community groups to assist in communicating with its residents on the importance of the Census to our community. Develops digital content for the newly created website and social media platform. Assists the local jurisdictions in Graham County with deploying content on all available social media channels. Develops communications and marketing material targeted towards “hard to count” population.
- Oversees the production and promotion and all activities of the countywide complete count committee.
- Serves as liaison to the media in handling inquiries, writing news releases and pro-actively "pitching" stories.
- Produces content for traditional and social media platforms including posts and captivating photos for community engagement.
- Develops and executes social media campaigns to encourage residents of the county to be counted in the upcoming census drive activity and generates online and media engagement; analyzes, measures and reports on effectiveness of social media campaigns.
- Prepares, monitors and adheres to provided budgets.
- Serves as liaison with community regarding special complete count activities.
- Generates partnerships to support and enhance the marketing and promotion of the objective of the complete count committee at special events and festivals in the county.
- Works with schools, governments, non-profits, businesses, etc. in promoting the Census.
- Writes biweekly citizen newsletter/blog.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a robust, interactive website and a variety of microsites that engage visitors and planners and achieves established performance goals.
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with the Arizona Census Complete Count Committee.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to form and implement a strategic mission, vision and goals for the County Complete Count Committee.
- Ability to use independent decision-making authority and confidentiality in managing sensitive data. Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to investigate and successfully resolve citizen complaints or problems.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service and maintains effective working relationships with employees, officials, volunteers, sponsors, media and the public.
- Ability to develop, maintain and adhere to a budget for activities.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office and other computer programs.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Artistic and creative skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
High School Diploma or GED; A Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus two years of related experience, or a combination of education, professional training and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position. Ideal candidate will have prior experience with social media, public outreach and public speaking. Possession of valid Arizona Driver’s license, with a history of safe driving and ability to maintain a safe driving record.