CORONAVIRUS Health Alert!
This page will include all News Releases and Public Service Announcements from our Graham County Health Department regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) in our valley.
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT - October 21, 2020: INCREASED COVID-19 POSITIVE TEST RESULTS IN GRAHAM COUNTY.
Proclamation of the Graham County Board of Supervisors, the Safford City Council, the Thatcher Town Council and the Pima Town Council strongly urging the residents of Graham County to wear masks in public and follow CDC guidelines.
ESRI Interactive Map:
Other Graham County Departments - News Releases and PSA’s regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Graham County General Services Building: Now open to the public.
- Graham County Clerk of the Superior Court: March 23, 2020-Due to the Convid-19 Pandemic The Clerk’s office urges people to make payments online and get forms online to help limit the traffic flow through the courthouse.
Red Cross Blood Drive
Thanks to the many who gave blood and scheduled upcoming appointments, the American Red Cross has been able to meet immediate patient needs. During this uncertain time, we encourage individuals to keep scheduled blood donation appointments and to make new blood donation appointments for the weeks ahead to ensure a stable supply throughout this pandemic.
- There remains an ongoing need for platelet donations due to their short, five-day shelf life.
- In times of crisis, the Red Cross is fortunate to witness the best of humanity as people roll up a sleeve to help those in need. We greatly appreciate the generosity of the public.
- There is no known end date in this fight against coronavirus and the Red Cross needs the help of blood and platelet donors and blood drive hosts to maintain a sufficient blood supply for weeks to come. It’s important to remember that blood is perishable and cannot be stockpiled.
Thank you to our generous blood and platelet donors across Arizona who continually donate blood especially during this nationwide blood shortage. Red Cross blood drives have been canceled across the country due to coronavirus concerns, resulting in more than 375,000 fewer blood donations. We are asking all healthy donors to go online to redcrossblood.org to make an appointment or call 1-800-RED-CROSS.