Plan For Alternating Lane Restrictions On U.S. 60 Near Miami Beginning August 8, 2022.
Drivers should expect delays and allow extra travel time.
The Arizona Department of Transportation advises drivers to plan ahead for lane restrictions on US 60 near Miami beginning Monday, Aug. 8, at 6 a.m.
Contractors are scheduled to remove and replace the top section of the pavement as part of the US 60 pavement preservation project.
Work is scheduled to occur from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays and from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Fridays., beginning Monday, Aug. 8, and ending Friday, Sept. 23.
The following restrictions will be in place while work is underway:
- US 60 will be reduced to one lane between mileposts 240 (near Pinto Valley Mine Road) and 243.65 (near Reppy Avenue).
- A 14-foot vehicle width restriction will be in place.
- The speed limit will be reduced to 25 mph.
- Flaggers and a pilot car will be on site to direct traffic through the work zone.
- Motorists should anticipate a 2-mile lane restriction while crews progress through the work zone.
- Note: Restrictions will be lifted on Monday, Sept. 5, in observance of Labor Day.
Learn more about the pavement preservation project by visiting https://azdot.gov/projects/southeast-district-projects/us-60-west-miami-pavement-preservation-project
Schedules are subject to change based on weather and other unforeseen factors. For more information, please call the ADOT Bilingual Project Information Line at 855.712.8530 or go to azdot.gov/contact and select Projects from the drop-down menu. For real-time highway conditions statewide, visit ADOT's Traveler Information Site at www.az511.gov, Need to know where a milepost is? Click on the "Mile Markers" icon on the map at www.az511.com. Follow ADOT on Twitter (@ArizonaDOT) or call 511, except while driving.